Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Favorite Things: This and That

I really didn't want to have a specific catergory for my favorite things today.  So, these are my favorites of the moment.  Before I get into all that I would like to mention and bring your attention to my new links down the right side bar.  These are links to the blogs of some of my favorite people.  My friend Amanda is the only odd one with a Tumblr.  That's okay because she is cool.  One other person that I would like to call out is my friend, Jessica.  She is too creative to only have one post.  Updating is in order, Jessica.  She wants to be a career missionary like me.  She wants to own a coffee shop in Asia and is going to South Korea this summer.  She has lots to talk about.  Speaking of Jessica, she is coming to visit me this weekend and we are supposed to work on an art project then.  I haven't mentioned it yet because I want to see how it looks before I share it with you.  I was inspired by some clip-art and we'll see how it turns out.  Hopefully, I will have a beautiful picture soon.  I also want to mention that I have an http://www.etsy.com/ account and I really want to be able to sell some homemade items soon.  You guys let me know what you would like to see and what you think would sell.  That all being said, here are my favorite things of today: (besides God, His plans, family, friends,)
My red shoes from Urban Outfitters.  Dorothy never looked so good.

Encouraging cards my mom gave me.  They are from A Purpose Driven Life.

Great reads. The bottom one is a crochet magazine.



                                  

I love how this picture turned out.


I am looking forward to the possibility of a night in tonight.  I might be a nerd but I really love being cozy with my blog.  I don't really think many people actually read this but it is still therapeutic.  Lately I have realized that I am blogging more about my life than actual "artsy" subjects.  I like the transformation though.  This is the confession of the art major.  All of them.  Well, not ALL of them.  Just what's on my mind.  On a different note, I am really in love with my God and His plans for me.  I have known since the age of nine that my God wanted me to be a career missionary.  Wherever He leads, I'll go.  Speaking of going, I think it's time we parted.  I have two things to part you with.  One is a delicious recipe and the other is a video.  This is a video that I just love and recommend you watching the whole thing.  The only full version I could find has Spanish subtitles so please bear with them.  This recipe is one that I found in a book that I hope to post more about.  It is called Lunch in Paris: A Love Story with Recipes.  I strongly recommend it.  I have never tried this recipe but, I can't wait!  I have a mint plant waiting for me at home.


Fresh Mint Tea

2 teaspoons loose gunpowder green tea
1 bunch of mint on the stem (7-8)
4-5 sugar cubes
2 cups boiling water

Place the loose tea in the bottom of a teapot.  Add a bit of boiling water over the leaves.  Place the mint in the teapot, along with the sugar cubes.  Fill the pot with two cups of boiling water and let steep for 5 minutes.  This recipe serves two.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...