Sunday, April 3, 2011

I Like My Trees with Flowers

I've had a really artsy weekend.  Now that I have used all of my "supplies" and the creative juices are still flowing, I am in deep artistic trouble.  Maybe this is a good thing that will force me to be even more creative by using my sources that I already have.  Anyway, I shall share with you guy(s) what I have accomplished this weekend.  You have already seen my barrettes which I love oh so dearly.  Tonight, my dear fellow art education major friend (say that five times fast), Dee, thought me one of her specialities.  A flower tree is what she calls it.  Although it is not a major work of art, (who is to say what is more major when it comes to art anyway) it certainly is cute.  Absolutely cute indeed.  Here is a photo of how my turned out: (I seem to really be into photos these days)




So, how do you think they turned out?  I really did enjoy making these flower trees.  I have another project idea but I will not tell you what it is until I finish it.  Hopefully, it will also be a success.  Now, it is recipe time!

Apple Cake

2/3 cup vegetable oil               2 cups apples, chopped fine
1 cup sugar                            1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 egg                                     1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt                    1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon soda

Mix vegetable oil, 1 cup sugar, and 1 egg together.  Then add remaining ingredients.  Batter will be real thick.  Bake on 300 degrees for about 1 hour.  This cake is really good and I love it straight from the oven all crumbly. :)

Okay folks, that is all I have to say for this short session.  Please feel free to comment.  Comments are welcome and even comment on past postings.  Even though it is in the past, it is ment to last.  Although, that quote isn't great for life's difficulties.  Anyway, comment, share, and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think they turned out SO cute! Can't wait to make one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...