Monday, April 4, 2011

Jimmy Crack Corn

I'm going to take a break for now from my favorite things list that I have going.  I went to my last summer mission's orientation tonight before I leave NEXT MONTH!  Did you hear me?  I leave NEXT MONTH!  I am so excited and really overwhelmed right now but, still have an odd peace.  :)  I have so much to do and so many lists to make!  If you don't know me, I am a list maker.  I love to make lists.  Right now I want to sing a song that sounds like "I'm going to Australia, I'm going to Australia, Na na na Na na na", but I will refrain from doing so.  The only negative thing that I can think about leaving is leaving people behind.  I know this is where God wants me this summer so that's okay with me.  God has been so steady and faithful in providing for this trip.  The total cost of my trip was 4,500 dollars and to date, I only need 536 dollars.  How amazing is that?  Even though I did have an anonymous family donate 1,000 dollars, it was not the amount that people gave but the fact that they let the Lord use them in reaching the people of East Fremantle, Western Australia.  I really do hope that I am able to keep up with Mr. Blog while I am there but if I don't, understand that I am busy building relationships for the Kingdom.  Sorry if all this Australia talk has bored you to tears.  I understand how it can be a little less than entertaining for those not going.  I just want to be a witness that my God sends and provides.  Amen and amen.  I do have some pictures for you guys.  I took some pictures of my favorite things.  I know I said that I would take a break from this post but what's a post with pictures?  My point and major exactly!  Here are my favorite things of the moment: (besides God, family, and friends)

These are my little owl nesting dolls.  They make me happy.

I love these cups.  They are friends.  My friend, Amanda, bought me the floral one.

I love white chocolate Reese's!  I might go to heaven and back eating these!


Okay,  prepare yourselves.  The recipe I am about to share with you sounds gross.  It actually sounds extremely gross but please trust me that it is not.  I don't usually share the secret ingredent to these because then people never try them.  Okay, are you ready?  Sure?  Sit down.  Okay?

Mayonnaise Biscuits

1 cup flour (self-rising)
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise

Stir together well and drop into (8) muffins in muffin tin.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until lightly browned.

Okay, okay, I warned you!  Mayonnaise in biscuits?  Yes.  They are actually delicious.  The mayonnaise is really there to make them light and fluffy.  These biscuits do not taste like mayonnaise.  There isn't even a hint.  Just trust me and try them.  This is my grandmother's recipe and she still doesn't always tell my grandfather what is in them.  I forgot to mention that the apple cake recipe is also my grandmother's.  She is a fabulous cook and Christian.  I wanna be like her when I "grow up".  I'll keep you guys posted.  Ha ha ha...Posted?  Get it?  Like a blog post?...Nevermind.  Stay tuned to my adventures of everyday life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...