Monday, March 25, 2013

Preparation for Easter Sunday

The Creation of Adam by:Michelangelo


As a Christian, how does one prepare for Easter.  Plenty of home and craft magazines give you advice on cooking hams and decoupaging eggs for centerpieces.  This is all great, but how do I prepare my heart for this season?  I've been in church my whole life.  I grew up hearing the Easter story every year.  As I've grown older, my heart tunes out the old story that I've heard so much.  Not because it doesn't hold the same awesome truths that it always has, but because it is a story that I know like the back of my hand.  This season I'm praying for a softened heart that is mesmerized by our God's plan of salvation once again.  I'm going through this life like the rest of us and I don't have all the answers.  I'm not a sermon writer or an eloquent speaker.  So, all I can give you are some verses that may speak to me in hopes that they speak to you.  And in my opinion, that is enough.



"Yet if you devote your heart to him and stretch out your hands to him, if you put away the sin that is in your hand and allow no evil to dwell in your tent."     Job 11:13-14


"But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul."     Deuteronomy 4:29


"I love those who love me, and those who seek me will diligently find me."     Proverbs 8:17


"Repent and then turn to God, so that your sin may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord."     Acts 3:19





Praying for pure hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...