Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mondays, I Tell You

It was just another Monday here in Mississippi.  That is, until Hailstorm 2013 broke out.  It was a little after three in the afternoon when I decided to get a shower before my night class.  As I was shampooing my hair I heard the worse noise I've ever heard.  No exaggeration here.  It was that bad.  I thought it was a tornado at first.  Then I thought it was Mississippi's long overdue earthquake.  Wait.  I'm not shaking.  It sounded like horses were galloping on the roof and falling through the ceiling.  It sounded as if metal was being ripped apart.  I jumped out of the shower and ran to the window.  Hail.  It was baseball sized hail.  I jumped back in the shower to finish washing off just in case a tornado was soon approaching.  That's when the lights went out.  I jumped back out of the shower.  The lights came back on.  I got back in the shower.  The lights went out again.  I decided that if I was going to die, that I was going to have well conditioned hair.  I finished showering and then slid through my room in the river that had accumulated from the shower tag I had played earlier.  By the time I had finished dressing and ran to my friend's dorm, Hailstorm 2013 was over.  As I looked out the window, I saw shattered car windows everywhere.  Thankfully, my car was unharmed except for a few dings in the hood.  My friend Hannah's car, not so lucky.







We made national news, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...