Thursday, April 5, 2012

Blog Hijack

You're in for a treat, today.  My friend, Christy, will be posting on whatever her heart desires.  Tell everyone about yourself, Christy.



Thanks Katherine! :D
Hi Everyone! I'm Christy from His Story His Glory So, today I wanted to share something God has been teaching me lately. It's about thoughts. Thoughts are more powerful than we realize. I've been struggling lately with what I need to do with my life. I kept praying for answers and I felt like I was just being ignored. I got really depressed and I was very negative. I could tell it was bad because I complained about my situation, like I couldn't help myself. I just had to. I felt like I brought people down. One day the Holy Spirit pointed out that I was not thinking about what I was thinking about. See, at this time I started reading this book called Battlefield of the Mind. Joyce Meyer points out that we have the power to change our thoughts.


How many of you have ever thought something negative about yourselves? Well stop! Jesus called Satan the father of lies and of all that is false. When you think things like, I can never do this or I'm not beautiful, you are falling for a lie. He's a great liar. Thinking negative thoughts turns you into a negative person with no power. See God likes us to have enough faith to move mountains. We can't have strong faith when God is asking us to believe in Him for something and all we can think is "This is never going to work out!" What a slap in the face to God. If you look through the bible, you'll see that so many times, the people that made the most difference believed God for big things.

"For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds. [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One)." -2 Corinthians 10:4-5


I hope today you would take my challenge seriously. You are in control of your thoughts. If you want to start living a better life, start by thinking positively and believing God for your strength. 
If you have a time where you struggled with negative thoughts, feel free to share! We love comments and hearing about your stories!
Love you guys!

Come back tomorrow for Coffee with Christy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...