Sunday, April 1, 2012

Assaulted

It was in the newspaper. Somewhere in the middle. Lost among the inked pages. Quick arrest after assault. My dad was assaulted Friday. On his way from his first job to his second job, a man crossed the street and beat my dad. My dad had just received his paycheck from his first job so he held his hand over the pay in his pocket while holding his head with the other. Some guy decided to beat my dad for no reason, kicking his head and knocking him back on the ground each time he tried to get up. When my dad realized that the guy had run off, he looked around while wondering why he quickly left. From all around, his customers came from their homes to my dad's rescue. The people that we would be so quick to look down upon, came to the rescue as true heroes. The people that are judged harder in this red conservative state then anywhere else. Heroes. My dad was assaulted in our public housing projects. His heroes were rising from ashes.  What if our heroes didn't sit on the front pew looking down their noses?  What if our heroes were just as damaged as we?  What if our heroes are the ones hurting the most?  I'm so thankful for them.






As for the assaulter and his family, you are forgiven. This isn't the first time my family has made the paper.  Even the arrest reports.  We've been there. Trust me.  I feel your pain.  Your sin reflects off of my own filthy life. There is redemption. I have been redeemed. My heavenly Father is chasing you. He wants you. He loves you. He is waiting for you.  How will you respond? 




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...