Friday, December 14, 2012

Cracked

But now, O Lord,
You are our Father;
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And all we are the work of Your hand.

Isaiah 64:8




Here is a little more elaboration on my vase, vessel, pot obsession.  I've had a really hard last two years.  Really hard.  One day I might can share that here but not today.  If you are really interested, you can ask me about it.  Isaiah 64:8 kept sneaking it's way into my life.  I am mere clay.  He is the Potter.  If you are familiar with throwing pots on a wheel, you know how beautiful this analogy is.  Clay on a wheel is wet and gooey and nasty.  Sound familiar?  Can my life get any more disgusting?  My thoughts.  My actions.  Everything.  Let's just say my life doesn't always point to Christ.  Yet, Christ's hands are wrapped around me at every point in my life.  Through every hard moment.  Through every season of joy.  He is always there.  My life may be spinning out of control from my perspective like that of a potter's wheel but He is shaping me into who He wants me to become.  He makes each one of us unique to serve a different purpose for His glory.  If we so choose to accept Him, He then pours His Spirit into us.  Because of His love for us, we get to the privileged of being used by Him for His glory.  And let me tell you, that's amazing stuff.     

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...