Monday, May 9, 2011

Pop, Lock, and Drop It

Today has been a rather successful day.  I went to town with my mother and we bought groceries to make cake pops!  I have been in the mood to make cake pops for quite awhile.  After having them this past week, from a bakery, I just had to make my own.  I went to my grandmother's house to make the cake pops and she helped me, especially when it came time to coat, stick, and sprinkle.  I decided to make my pops red velvet.  I just love red velvet cake mix.  Anyway, I have enjoyed my cake pops and here are a couple of pictures and the recipe:




Katherine's Cake Pops


Ingredients:

One Cake Mix (of your choice)
One Can of Icing (your choice again)
One Package of Almond Bark
Skewers or Sucker Sticks
Nonpareil Sprinkles

Bake cake mix according to the directions on the back of the box.  I used two nine inch round pans.  When cake is done baking let it cool.  Crumble the cake (I did this one cake layer at a time) into a large mixing bowl.  Put 1/4 of the can of icing into the bowl for each layer or 1/2 can for the whole cake mix.  Mix well and make into one inch balls.  I really just "eyed" it to my liking.  Put in freezer for approx. 30 minutes.  When ready, melt half a pack of the Almond Bark for each layer or the whole pack for both layers.  Use a fork and roll the cake ball into the bark.  Lift with the fork to drain excess bark.  Place on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper (we used foil).  Stick ball with stick and sprinkle.  When the hot Almond Bark hits the cold cake ball, it works better and the bark hardens faster.  Let them set and enjoy!

* I used Red Velvet Cake mix and Cream Cheese Icing  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...