Sunday, September 30, 2012

Drizzly Daze

First of all, only one week to fall break.  Heck yes!  I'm in love with this season.  I love everything about it.  The changing leaves, the cozy sweat-ahs, the new candle scentsy scents, the wonderful rich food.  One of my favorite things about fall though, is the candy.  Maybe it is because Halloween is just around the corner.  I don't know but I love fall candy.  The other day I went to walls-mart for conditioner and I left with not one, not two, but three bags of candy.  I recommend you try candy corn M&M's and pumpkin spice Kisses.  In my defense, I got the third bag of candy for baking purposes. 


 
 
I'm starting my seventh book since I started school.  What have I been reading you may ask? 

Katherine's Reading Recommendations
 
The Dressmaker of Khair Khana 
by: Gayle Tzemach Lemmon
 
The Secret Garden
by: Frances Hodgson Burnett
 
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man
by: Steve Harvey
 
Trail of Crumbs: Hunger, Love, and the Search for Home
by: Kim Sunee
 
Suck Your Stomach In and Put Some Color On
by: Shellie Rushing Tomlinson
 
The Little Prince
by: Antoine de Saint-Exupery
 
Girl, Interrupted
by: Susanna Kaysen
 
 
 
 
 
 
My dad came to visit last night and surprised me with a trip to the bookstore.  My dad has always shown me the importance and value in a good book.  In the south, men are expected to wear boots and be rugged and muddy.  My dad isn't that.  My dad doesn't lie in his recliner watching sports and he doesn't get his gun when it's deer season.  That's what I love about my dad.  He has been through alot.  He is stronger than any "manly mountain man" will ever be.  He has overcome so much because of Jesus and His provision.  I love my dad.  I am able to talk to him about anything.  He taught me to read, love art and culture.  He taught me to be open-minded and to not have prejudices.  I'm luckier than any other girl because they don't have a dad like mine.  Anyway, my dad bought me Girl, Interrupted and three Moleskine journals. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have a story to tell and I can't wait to share it.

1 comment:

  1. Those sweets look amazing...aside from the candy corn. I tried that once in my life and it was enough, hahah. :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...