Sunday, July 1, 2012

Greek Pasta Salad

My Sunday School class is having a lunch party thing for an engaged couple in our class. They asked everyone to bring a side dish. I decided to make a pasta salad.  I pretty much made up my own recipe.  So here I introduce you to: 


Greek Pasta Salad

(love me that Wal-mart brand)


Ingredients:
Grape Tomatoes (halved or quartered)
Black Pitted Olives (halved or quartered)
Feta Cheese, crumbled
Garden Rotini
Oil-based Dressing
Salt and pepper to taste



(sorry for the absolute worst photo quality)

For this salad, boil the rotini until tender.  Then drain the pasta and run cold water through the strainer.  This helps keep the pasta from sticking together. Add salt, pepper, and oil dressing to taste.  I used a sandwich dressing from the deli at our Wal-mart.  Toss in the tomatoes and olives.  It depends on your taste preferences whether you want them halved, quartered, or whole.  I enjoyed mine quartered.  Next add the crumbled feta.  After mixing the salad all together, I added more salt and dressing to taste.  The recipe is really dependent on your preferences.  Keep refridgerated for atleast a couple of hours so that the flavors can mix.  Preferably overnight.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...