Monday, March 21, 2011

Hobbies of a Hippy

As an artist, people assume you have certain hobbies that go along with your intrest of art.  Stereotypical as it may be, I do have many "artsy" hobbies.  My grandmother is my main inspiration in all of my hobbies.  Growing up in a home with little money and having to prepare meals at an early age, gave my grandmother an advantage.  Plus, she is creative and imaginative and always ready to try something new.  Being around my grandmother, I have adopted some of the same hobbies.  Two weeks ago, my grandmother taught me how to crochet.  I am addicted!  I love crocheting.  Unfortunely, I have just misplaced my crochet basket.  Yes, I have a crochet basket.  I have already crocheted a scarf, two dish clothes, and a hand towel.  Like I said, I'm addicted.  I also have been expanding my recipe book.  This Christmas, my grandmother gave me a recipe book filled with some of her recipes.  Having all of these "domestic" hobbies is a bit of problem in the fact that I don't have a house yet.  I am in a small dorm room that smells like teen spirit.  All joking aside, I really wish I had an apartment or something that I could cook in or decorate.  I feel like this post was a huge rambling rant of sorts.  The main point of this post was to talk about hobbies.  Here is my list of hobbies and hopefully soon-to-be hobbies.

Hobbies:
painting
drawing
ceramics
jewelry making
cooking
gardening
vintage/antique/thrift shopping

Hobbies Coming Soon (hopefully):
cake decorating
photography
knitting
sewing
floral arranging


Tell me what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...