Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chocolate Covered Bacon

I wonder who invented Sour Cream and Cheddar chips?  Whoever did, I would like to give them my endearing thanks.  I love that flavor!  Who would have ever thought that the two would work so well together?  The funny thing is, that some of my favorite flavor combinations sound a little bit...well, odd.  What other flavors have you combined that tasted oh so good?  I used to eat Velveeta cheese cubes with cubed Snicker bars.  I was sooo good!  My grandmother has prepared pears with shredded cheese and mayo on top.  Although this sounds utterly disgusting and trailer trash, the "dessert" tasted really good.  This thought of flavors had me wondering was other awkward food combinations do people enjoy?  My first answer was the oh so popular Frosty and french fries.  I do admit to enjoying this combination before.  I thought about how I have also enjoyed syrup in grits.  I have even hear a friend say that she used to eat banana and mayo sandwiches!  That is far fetched, even for me!  I also had another friend who ate Oreos dipped in sour cream and onion dip.  However, my odd combinations are making it into gourmet restuarants.  Some common gourmet oddities are: fried chicken and waffles, fried green tomato burgers, catfish tacos, and even gourmet chocolate covered bacon!  Awkward.  I have no idea what got me on this tyrade of odd but delicious food.  Please comment and let me know what your favorite is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...