Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm Feeling Saucey

I have many things to blog about to day.  First, I would like to mention that I have my summer details!  I will be spending 73 days East Fremantle, Western Australia.  I'm so excited!  Actually, six of those days will be spent in Sydney, Australia in Orientation and Debriefing.  I will be mainly working with youth and other times children.  This summer is going to be a blast and I can't wait to see how God will use me.  I will try to keep everyone updated on this blog throughout the summer.  In other news, it is freezing cold outside!  In fact, we are expected to get freezing rain all throughout the day.  I believe they should cancel school.  I mean, it is a hazard.  :) I really don't have a good jacket so hopefully I can bundle up real nice.  If you haven't noticed already, it is February! That means Valentine's Day.  I really like the day even though I am entitled to bitter about my singleness.  So, for this year I have many valentine ideas.  I went to Taco Bell the other day and  picked up some sauce packets just to read the funny sayings.  Then, my valentine idea came together in my head!  I will use the taco packets on my valentine cards.  It seems like a perfect idea.  Especially since the packets say such flirtatious messages!  See for yourself.
You see what I mean?  Wouldn't that be perfect on a Valentine's Day card?  They are like the new conversation hearts.  On a completely different note, I have come across a craft that I would really like to try.  It is a cupcake plate!  I really can't find a picture of the craft but I will explain it for you anyway and hopefully soon I can put a picture of mine on here.  What you should do first in find three different size plates.  You need a large plate, a medium size plate, and a small plate.  I believe these plates should be ceramic and decorative.  I'm thinking you should find them in a thrift store and it should look like each one has a story.  I wouldn't do matching plates either.  Anyway, after you have your plates, you should get two small coffee cups.  These also should be ceramic and decorative.  First, you get the large plate and in the center you turn one coffee cup over and use guerilla glue to secure it in place.  Then you get the medium plate and secure it on top of the overturned coffee cup.  Secure the other coffee cup in the middle of the medium plate and then secure the small plate on top of that.  This cupcake plate will be worthy of an Alice in Wonderland themed tea party.  I'm sure you can put other stuff besides cupcakes on this plate but I really like cupcakes.  Okay that is all for now!  I will blog you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...